2018 Code of Alabama
Title 25 - INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS AND LABOR.
Chapter 5 - WORKERS' COMPENSATION.
Article 1 - General Provisions.
- Section 25-5-1 - Definitions.
- Section 25-5-2 - Powers and duties of Secretary of Labor with respect to administration of chapter generally; "director" defined.
- Section 25-5-3 - Secretary to prepare and distribute forms, etc.
- Section 25-5-4 - Reports and records of injuries for which compensation claimed.
- Section 25-5-5 - Reports of settlements.
- Section 25-5-6 - Circuit court clerks to report disposition of cases.
- Section 25-5-7 - Supplementary reports as to initiation, cessation, etc., of compensation payments.
- Section 25-5-8 - Employers' options to secure payment of compensation.
- Section 25-5-9 - Pooling of employers' liabilities for qualification as self-insurers.
- Section 25-5-10 - Liabilities of persons engaged in schemes, etc., to avoid liability to workers.
- Section 25-5-11 - Actions against third parties jointly liable with employers for injuries or death; actions for injury or death resulting from willful conduct; attorney's fees in settlements with third parties.
- Section 25-5-11.1 - Employee not to be terminated solely for action to recover benefits nor for filing notice of safety rule violation.
- Section 25-5-12 - Chief Justice of Supreme Court to prepare uniform rules for circuit courts.
- Section 25-5-14 - Legislative findings and intent as to actions filed by injured employee against officers, etc., of same employer.
- Section 25-5-13 - Applicability of chapter.
- Section 25-5-15 - Safety committee.
- Section 25-5-15.1 - State safety program; legislative intent; creation.
- Section 25-5-17 - Severability.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.