2018 Code of Alabama
Title 22 - HEALTH, MENTAL HEALTH, AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL.
Title 1 - HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL GENERALLY.
Chapter 19 - DEAD BODIES.
Article 1 - General Provisions.
Section 22-19-3 - Burial or removal permits for dead bodies; certificates of birth or death.
Section 22-19-3Burial or removal permits for dead bodies; certificates of birth or death.
Any person, for himself or as an officer, agent or employee of any other person or of any corporation or partnership, who shall:
- (1) Inter, cremate or otherwise finally dispose of a dead human body or permit the same to be done or remove such body from the primary registration district in which the death occurred or the body was found, without the authority of a burial or removal permit issued by the local registrar of the district in which the death occurred or in which the body was found; or
- (2) Refuse or fail to furnish correctly any information in his possession or furnish false information affecting any certificate or record required by the health laws of this state; or
- (3) Willfully alter, otherwise than is provided by law, or falsify any certificate of birth or death or any record established by the health laws of this state; or
- (4) Being required by the health laws of this state to fill out a certificate of birth or death and file the same with the local registrar, or deliver it, upon request, to any person charged with the duty of filing the same, fail, neglect or refuse to perform such duty in the manner required by the health laws of this state; or
- (5) Being a local registrar, deputy registrar, or subregistrar, fail, neglect, or refuse to perform his duty as required by the health laws of this state, and by the instructions and directions of the state registrar thereunder;
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.