2018 Code of Alabama
Title 18 - EMINENT DOMAIN.
Chapter 1A - EMINENT DOMAIN GENERALLY.
Article 16 - Miscellaneous.
- Section 18-1A-270 - Application to probate court for order of condemnation; bond or security and affidavit not required of state or counties; authority from Governor to bring suit.
- Section 18-1A-271 - Acquisition of lands, etc., for state prison system.
- Section 18-1A-272 - Acquisition of easements for connecting lines by foreign telegraph or telephone companies.
- Section 18-1A-274 - Acquisition of lands, etc., for viaducts and subways by railroad companies, etc., within municipalities.
- Section 18-1A-273 - Acquisition of easements for crossings by railroads, etc.
- Section 18-1A-275 - Guardian ad litem for infants or incompetents.
- Section 18-1A-276 - Hearing; order granting or refusing complaint.
- Section 18-1A-277 - Hearing to be conducted as in civil cases.
- Section 18-1A-278 - Who may appear at proceedings and trials.
- Section 18-1A-279 - Commissioners - Appointment; qualifications; certificate; vacancies.
- Section 18-1A-280 - Commissioners - Service of notice of appointment.
- Section 18-1A-281 - Commissioners - Assessment of damages and compensation; view; hearing.
- Section 18-1A-282 - Commissioners to report assessment; issuance of order of condemnation upon deposit in court or payment of damages, etc., assessed; notice of order.
- Section 18-1A-283 - Appeal from order of condemnation.
- Section 18-1A-284 - Judgment not suspended by appeal if damages paid into probate court and bond given.
- Section 18-1A-285 - Separate bonds required in case of joint appeals.
- Section 18-1A-286 - Appeal to circuit court upon denial of application by probate court.
- Section 18-1A-287 - Order of condemnation on appeal.
- Section 18-1A-288 - Appeal from final judgment of circuit court.
- Section 18-1A-289 - Effect of order of condemnation; right of entry, etc., pending appeal upon deposit of damages, compensation, and costs; effect of appeal upon condemnation order.
- Section 18-1A-290 - Time for payment of damages and compensation; effect of failure to pay damages.
- Section 18-1A-291 - Distribution of award - Filing of claims by owners or parties; determination of claims by probate court.
- Section 18-1A-292 - Distribution of award - Proceedings when claims not filed and court doubtful as to proper distribution; assertion of adverse claim or title involving determination of title to land.
- Section 18-1A-293 - Costs.
- Section 18-1A-294 - Probate court deemed open at all times.
- Section 18-1A-295 - Use of condemnation proceedings by institutions of higher learning.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.