2018 Code of Alabama
Title 16 - EDUCATION.
Chapter 5 - ALABAMA COMMISSION ON HIGHER EDUCATION.
Article 1 - General Provisions.
- Section 16-5-1 - Definitions.
- Section 16-5-2 - Composition; appointment; qualifications of members; duties.
- Section 16-5-3 - Terms of office; reconfirmation of current members; appointment of new members; vacancies; reappointment.
- Section 16-5-4 - Organization; chairperson; meetings, quorum, agenda, etc.; expenses; executive director and employees; retirement system.
- Section 16-5-5 - Commission to analyze and evaluate education needs; advisory and consultant groups; Council of Presidents.
- Section 16-5-6 - Long-range planning.
- Section 16-5-7 - State university and college electronic faculty and student unit record system; definitions; state coordinating agency; advisory committee; database reports; failure to comply with requirements.
- Section 16-5-8 - Review, coordination, establishment, etc., of programs; transfer of credits; Articulation and General Studies Committee.
- Section 16-5-8.1 - Computation of grades earned at another institution.
- Section 16-5-8.2 - Equal access for all citizens.
- Section 16-5-8.3 - Legislative intent.
- Section 16-5-8.4 - Reports to Legislature.
- Section 16-5-9 - Budget proposals; open hearings; unified budget report; recommendations.
- Section 16-5-10 - Additional powers and duties of commission.
- Section 16-5-11 - Commission responsible for certain functions.
- Section 16-5-12 - Committee to evaluate commission.
- Section 16-5-13 - Powers and duties of governing boards of public institutions of higher education; commission relationship with state board and Chancellor.
- Section 16-5-14 - Acceptance and expenditure of gifts, grants, etc.
- Section 16-5-15 - Submission of facilities master plans by public institutions of higher education; review by commission; freeze on construction and acquisitions; prioritization of capital budget requests; exemption of facilities on military reservation.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.