2018 Code of Alabama
Title 16 - EDUCATION.
Chapter 23 - TEACHER TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION.
- Section 16-23-1 - Certain public school employees must hold certificate.
- Section 16-23-2 - Issuance, extension and renewal of certificates.
- Section 16-23-3 - Provisional certificates.
- Section 16-23-4 - Fee of applicant for certificate.
- Section 16-23-4.1 - Fee for evaluation of transcript.
- Section 16-23-5 - Revocation of certificates.
- Section 16-23-6 - Placement bureau for teachers.
- Section 16-23-7 - Institutes - Conduct; duration; character of instruction.
- Section 16-23-8 - Institutes - Attendance required; penalty for failure to attend.
- Section 16-23-9 - Institutes - Excuses for nonattendance.
- Section 16-23-10 - Institutes - List of persons subject to attendance.
- Section 16-23-11 - Institutes - Persons not attending not placed on payroll.
- Section 16-23-12 - Teachers' conferences.
- Section 16-23-13 - Training-in-service work.
- Section 16-23-14 - Standards and minimum requirements for training.
- Section 16-23-15 - Supervision of teacher-training institutions; advisory council.
- Section 16-23-16 - Rules and regulations relative to training.
- Section 16-23-16.1 - Creation of Professional Teachers Standards Commission; designation or development of entry-level pre-certification examination for teacher candidates.
- Section 16-23-16.2 - Criminal history background check for teacher preparation program applicants.
- Section 16-23-24 - Teacher Education Scholarship Loan Program established; use; subsequent obligations; funding; rule-making authority; provisions for current scholarship recipients.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.