2018 Code of Alabama
Title 15 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE.
Chapter 4 - CORONERS' INQUESTS.
- Section 15-4-1 - Duty of coroner to take sworn statement on death; direction to summon jury; service, compensation, and oath of jurors.
- Section 15-4-2 - Examination of body and report by coroner; postmortem, autopsy or internal examination of body and report by physician or surgeon.
- Section 15-4-3 - Subpoenas for witnesses; witnesses to be summoned and examined.
- Section 15-4-4 - Service of subpoenas; proceedings against defaulting witnesses; endorsement as presumptive evidence of default.
- Section 15-4-5 - Refusal of witness to answer questions.
- Section 15-4-6 - Right of coroner to administer oaths.
- Section 15-4-7 - Rendition of verdict by jury and certification by inquisition; contents of inquisition.
- Section 15-4-8 - Return of inquisition and preliminary investigation to circuit court; undertaking of witnesses to appear in court.
- Section 15-4-9 - Issuance and execution of arrest warrant for accused; appearance of accused before judge.
- Section 15-4-10 - Money and property of deceased to be delivered to county treasurer; exception; disposition of property and proceeds therefrom.
- Section 15-4-11 - Fees of physician or surgeon for postmortem, autopsy and internal examinations; recovery of costs by county against estate.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.