2018 Code of Alabama
Title 15 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE.
Chapter 18 - SENTENCE AND PUNISHMENT.
Article 7 - Inmate Community Reintegration Program.
Section 15-18-111 - Definitions.
As used in this article, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings, respectively, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) DEPARTMENT. The Department of Corrections.
(2) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of the Department of Corrections
(3) STATE CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION. Any correctional institution under the jurisdiction of the department.
(4) INMATE. A person who has served at least 90 days in any jail or penal facility, either male or female, who has been convicted of a felony and sentenced to a term of confinement and treatment in a state correctional institution under the jurisdiction of the department.
(5) PROGRAM. Supervised Intensive Restitution (SIR) program.(Acts 1983, 3rd Ex. Sess., No. 83-838, p. 62, §2; Acts 1990, No. 90-555, p. 945.)