2018 Code of Alabama
Title 15 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE.
Chapter 16 - INSANITY.
Article 2 - Confined Persons.
- Section 15-16-20 - Duty of judge to institute investigation on sanity of certain confined persons; proceedings where person found insane.
- Section 15-16-21 - Suspension of felony trial to inquire into accused's sanity; proceedings upon jury findings; resumption of proceedings when sanity restored; release restriction.
- Section 15-16-22 - Duty of judge to order examination of defendant in capital cases; observation and examination of defendant by commission on lunacy; report by commission; order of clerk of court; expenses of removal of defendant.
- Section 15-16-23 - Suspending execution of death sentence of insane convict; order upon restoration to sanity; limitations on jurisdiction to suspend execution.
- Section 15-16-24 - Special verdict of not guilty due to insanity; general verdict of not guilty or verdict of conviction.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.