2018 Code of Alabama
Title 14 - CRIMINAL CORRECTIONAL AND DETENTION FACILITIES.
Chapter 5 - CONVICT LABOR.
Article 1 - General Provisions.
- Section 14-5-1 - "Hard labor for the county" defined.
- Section 14-5-2 - Hiring or leasing of convicts generally.
- Section 14-5-3 - Working convicts in coal mines.
- Section 14-5-4 - Penalty for violating Sections 14-5-2 and 14-5-3.
- Section 14-5-5 - County convicts - Authority to work generally; lease to persons, firms or corporations prohibited; working in and around public buildings and works.
- Section 14-5-6 - County convicts - Drains and drainage districts.
- Section 14-5-7 - Work on drains or drainage districts by state convicts.
- Section 14-5-8 - Agreement to use of convict labor under Sections 14-5-6, 14-5-7 and 14-11-2 - County convicts.
- Section 14-5-9 - Agreement to use of convict labor under Sections 14-5-6, 14-5-7 and 14-11-2 - State convicts.
- Section 14-5-10 - Hiring or leasing of convicts by Board of Corrections with state agencies, etc.
- Section 14-5-11 - Employment of state or county inmates by certain persons prohibited; penalty.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.