2017 Code of Alabama
Title 9 - CONSERVATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES.
Chapter 20 - NONINDIGENOUS AQUATIC PLANT CONTROL ACT.
Section 9-20-2 - Definitions.
The following terms and phrases shall have the following meanings unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) AQUATIC PLANT. Any plant growing in, or closely associated with, the aquatic environment including, without limitation, floating, emersed, submersed, ditchbank and wetland plant species.
(2) DEPARTMENT. The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
(3) NONINDIGENOUS AQUATIC PLANT. Any aquatic plant which is not an indigenous or native aquatic plant species of the State of Alabama.
(4) PERSON. Any and all persons, natural or artificial, including, without limitation, any individual, partnership, association, society, joint stock company, firm, company, corporation, institution, trust, estate, or other legal or other business organization or any governmental entity, and any successor, representative, agent or agency of the foregoing.
(5) PUBLIC WATERS OF THE STATE. Those waters which are defined as public waters in Section 9-11-80.(Acts 1995, No. 95-767, p. 1813, §2.)