There is a newer version of this Article
2017 Code of Alabama
Title 43 - WILLS AND DECEDENTS' ESTATES.
Chapter 8 - PROBATE CODE.
Article 8 - Construction of Wills.
- Section 43-8-220 - Requirement that devisee survive testator by five days.
- Section 43-8-221 - Choice of law as to meaning and effect of wills.
- Section 43-8-222 - Controlling effect of intention of testator.
- Section 43-8-223 - Construction of will to pass all property, including after-acquired property.
- Section 43-8-224 - Anti-lapse provision; applicability to deceased devisees and to class gifts.
- Section 43-8-225 - Effect of failure of testamentary provisions.
- Section 43-8-226 - Specific devise of securities; change in securities; accessions; nonademption.
- Section 43-8-227 - Nonademption of specific devises in certain cases; proceeds of sale, condemnation, insurance or foreclosure; sale by guardian or curator.
- Section 43-8-228 - Nonexoneration.
- Section 43-8-229 - Exercise of power of appointment.
- Section 43-8-230 - Construction of generic terms to accord with relationships as defined for intestate succession; when person born out of wedlock treated as child of father.
- Section 43-8-231 - Ademption by satisfaction.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.