There is a newer version of this Article
2017 Code of Alabama
Title 43 - WILLS AND DECEDENTS' ESTATES.
Chapter 8 - PROBATE CODE.
Article 4 - Elective Share of Surviving Spouse; Abatement.
- Section 43-8-70 - Right of surviving spouse to elective share.
- Section 43-8-71 - Right of election personal to surviving spouse.
- Section 43-8-72 - Waiver of right to elect and of other rights.
- Section 43-8-73 - Procedure for making election; petition; time limit; notice and hearing; withdrawal of demand; order of court; enforcement of order.
- Section 43-8-74 - Entitlement of surviving spouse to certain benefits regardless of election.
- Section 43-8-75 - How elective share satisfied; what property applied first; apportionment of others' liability for balance of elective share.
- Section 43-8-76 - Order of abatement.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.