2017 Code of Alabama
Title 41 - STATE GOVERNMENT.
Chapter 24 - ALABAMA COMMUNITY SERVICE GRANT PROGRAM.
Section 41-24-1 - Definitions.
The following words and phrases, whenever used in this chapter, shall have the respective meanings unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) ACT. The Alabama Community Service Grant Program Act of 1989.
(2) GRANT. The award by a state grant-making agency of funds appropriated by the Legislature or from funds received as gifts or donations to a qualifying grant-recipient agency for expenditure according to the provisions of a grant proposal.
(3) GRANT-MAKING AGENCY. A state agency of the State of Alabama, designated by the Legislature through an Alabama Community Service Grant Program appropriation, having authority to approve grant proposals, direct and coordinate the expenditure of grant funds.
(4) GRANT PROPOSAL. A written plan for the expenditure of grant funds by a grant-recipient agency, which meets one or more of the purposes delineated in Section 41-24-3, subject to approval by and to be expended under the direction of the head of the grant-making agency.
(5) GRANT RECIPIENT AGENCY. A local community agency, organization, institution or project within the State of Alabama whose grant proposal has been approved by a grant-making agency.(Acts 1989, No. 89-354, p. 700, §1.)