2017 Code of Alabama
Title 39 - PUBLIC WORKS.
Chapter 2 - LETTING, EXECUTION, AND ADMINISTRATION OF PUBLIC IMPROVEMENTS CONTRACTS BY STATE AGENCIES GENERALLY.
- Section 39-2-1 - Definitions.
- Section 39-2-2 - Advertisement for and opening of sealed bids for public works contracts; violations; exclusions; emergency actions; sole source specification.
- Section 39-2-3 - Fees to be paid Department of Transportation for proposals, plans, and specifications; deposit for bid documents; furnishing of plans and specifications to building exchanges, etc.
- Section 39-2-4 - Filing of guaranties by bidders; prequalification procedures and criteria; responsibility of prequalified bidders; revocation of prequalification; rejection of bidder.
- Section 39-2-5 - Return of proposal guaranties to bidders generally; disposition of proposal guaranty when award not made within 30 days of opening of proposals.
- Section 39-2-6 - Award of contract; additional competitive bids; work done by force account; availability of plans, etc.; use of convict labor; assignment of contract; agreements, etc., among bidders; advance disclosure; life cycle costs.
- Section 39-2-7 - Effect of errors and discrepancies of prices in bids.
- Section 39-2-8 - Execution of contracts and furnishing of performance bonds, etc., generally by bidders awarded contracts.
- Section 39-2-9 - Approval of bonds, etc., and completion of execution of contracts by awarding authorities.
- Section 39-2-10 - Issuance of proceed orders by awarding authorities, etc.
- Section 39-2-11 - Proceedings upon failure of successful bidders to execute contracts and furnish bonds, etc.; death of a low bidder; effect of failure of awarding authorities to complete execution of contracts and issue proceed orders; withdrawal of low bid upon discovery of mistake.
- Section 39-2-12 - Partial and final payments of contractors by awarding authorities.
- Section 39-2-13 - Promulgation of rules and regulations by awarding authorities.
- Section 39-2-14 - Registration of out-of-state contractors required; deposit; surety bond.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.