2017 Code of Alabama
Title 36 - PUBLIC OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES.
Chapter 25 - CODE OF ETHICS FOR PUBLIC OFFICIALS, EMPLOYEES, ETC.
- Section 36-25-1 - Definitions.
- Section 36-25-1.1 - Lobbying.
- Section 36-25-2 - Legislative findings and declarations; purpose of chapter.
- Section 36-25-3 - State Ethics Commission - Creation, composition; annual reports; compensation; political activities; director; personnel.
- Section 36-25-4 - State Ethics Commission - Duties; complaint; investigation; hearings; fees; finding of violation.
- Section 36-25-4.1 - State Ethics Commission - Public access to complaint, investigation, and disposition.
- Section 36-25-4.2 - State Ethics Commission - State Ethics Law training programs.
- Section 36-25-4.3 - Ethics Commission - Electronic database filing and access.
- Section 36-25-5 - Use of official position or office for personal gain.
- Section 36-25-5.1 - Limitation on actions of lobbyists, subordinates of lobbyists, and principals.
- Section 36-25-5.2 - Public disclosure of information regarding officials, candidates, or spouses employed by or contracting with the state or federal government.
- Section 36-25-6 - Use of contributions.
- Section 36-25-7 - Offering, soliciting, or receiving anything for purpose of influencing official action; money solicited or received in addition to that received in official capacity.
- Section 36-25-8 - Use or disclosure of confidential information for private financial gain.
- Section 36-25-9 - Service on regulatory boards and commissions regulating business with which person associated; members who have financial interest in matter prohibited from voting.
- Section 36-25-10 - Representation of client or constituent before board, regulatory body, department, etc.
- Section 36-25-11 - Public officials or employees entering into contracts which are to be paid out of government funds.
- Section 36-25-12 - Offering, soliciting, etc., thing of value to or by member of regulatory body.
- Section 36-25-13 - Actions of former public officials or public employees prohibited for two years after departure.
- Section 36-25-14 - Filing of statement of economic interests.
- Section 36-25-15 - Candidates required to file statements of economic interests; official to notify commission of name of candidate; failure to submit statement.
- Section 36-25-16 - Reports by persons who are related to public officials or public employees and who represent persons before regulatory body or contract with state.
- Section 36-25-17 - Reports of violations; cooperation of agency heads.
- Section 36-25-18 - Registration of lobbyists required; filing of supplemental registration.
- Section 36-25-19 - Registered lobbyists and other persons required to file quarterly reports.
- Section 36-25-20 - Filing of notice of termination of lobbying activities; effect of notice as to requirement for filing of reports.
- Section 36-25-21 - Reports constitute public records; reports available for public inspection.
- Section 36-25-22 - Sections 36-25-18 to 36-25-21 not to be construed as affecting certain professional services.
- Section 36-25-23 - Lobbying activities prohibited during elected term of office; floor privileges of former members of Legislature; solicitation of lobbyists by public officials or employees; contracts to provide lobbying services contingent upon legislative action.
- Section 36-25-24 - Supervisor prohibited from discharging or discriminating against employee where employee reports violation.
- Section 36-25-26 - False reporting for purpose of influencing legislation.
- Section 36-25-27 - Penalties; enforcement; jurisdiction, venue, judicial review; limitations period.
- Section 36-25-28 - Chapter not to deprive citizens of constitutional right to communicate with members of Legislature.
- Section 36-25-29 - Appropriations.
- Section 36-25-30 - Construction of chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.