2017 Code of Alabama
Title 30 - MARITAL AND DOMESTIC RELATIONS.
Chapter 3 - CHILD CUSTODY AND SUPPORT.
Article 8 - Driver's License Suspension or Revocation for Failure To Pay Support Payments.
Section 30-3-170 - Definitions.
When used in this article, the following words shall have the following meanings:
(1) COURT. A court of competent jurisdiction or administrative agency having the authority to issue and enforce support orders.
(2) DELINQUENT or DELINQUENCY. A support debt or support obligation due and unpaid in an amount equal to or greater than six months support payments as of the date of service of a notice of intent to suspend or revoke a license.
(3) DEPARTMENT. The Alabama Department of Human Resources, including the county departments of human resources.
(4) LICENSE. Any license, certificate, registration, or authorization issued by a licensing authority which grants a person a right or privilege to engage in an occupational, professional, sporting, or recreational activity, or to operate a motor vehicle.
(5) LICENSEE. The holder of a license.
(6) LICENSING AUTHORITY. Any department, division, board, agency, or instrumentality of the State of Alabama or its political subdivisions that issues a license.
(7) OBLIGEE. Either of the following:
a. A person to whom support benefits are ordered by the court.
b. A public agency of this or another state that has the right to receive support payments or otherwise is providing support enforcement services under Title IV-D of the Social Security Act. The term shall include the department.
(8) OBLIGOR. A person ordered by a court to make periodic payments for the benefit and support of another person or child.
(9) SUPPORT or SUPPORT ORDER. Support of a minor child and spousal support when the spousal support is collected pursuant to the requirements of Title IV-D of the Social Security Act. Support order shall mean any order, decree, or judgment for the support of a child, or in the case of an order being enforced pursuant to the requirements of Title IV-D of the Social Security Act, a spouse, or former spouse, issued by a court or other entity authorized to issue the orders.(Acts 1996, No. 96-563, p. 841, §1; Acts 1997, No. 97-447, p. 772, §12; Act 99-440, p. 887, §1.)