2017 Code of Alabama
Title 3 - ANIMALS.
Chapter 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS.
- Section 3-1-1 - Keeping of dog known to kill, etc., stock prohibited; liability of owner for injuries, etc., caused by same; liability for killing of same.
- Section 3-1-2 - Liability of owner, etc., for injuries caused by rabid dog.
- Section 3-1-3 - Liability of owner, etc., permitting vicious or dangerous animal to be at liberty, etc., for injuries caused by same.
- Section 3-1-4 - Permitting dog or hog known to kill, etc., sheep, domestic fowl, etc., to run at large.
- Section 3-1-5 - Permitting dogs to run at large; applicability of provisions of section in counties and certain cities or towns.
- Section 3-1-6 - Liability of owner, etc., for injuries to livestock, etc., caused by dog while off premises of owner, etc.
- Section 3-1-7 - Refusal to permit dog guide to accompany blind person into place of public accommodation, etc.
- Section 3-1-8 - Destruction of certain abandoned animals by members, etc., of societies for prevention of cruelty to animals.
- Section 3-1-10 - Wanton, malicious, etc., destruction, injury, etc., of animal or article or commodity of value of another - Prohibited.
- Section 3-1-11 - Wanton, malicious, etc., destruction, injury, etc., of animal or article or commodity of value of another — Proof of trespassing by animal in mitigation or justification of offense; tender of compensation.
- Section 3-1-11.1 - Killing or disabling livestock; penalty.
- Section 3-1-13 - Right of officers, etc., of humane societies to take charge of and care for neglected or abused animals; written notice to owner from whom animal taken; lien for expenses for care and keeping of animal.
- Section 3-1-15 - Sale, offer for sale, barter, etc., of baby rabbits, chicks, ducklings, etc., as pets or novelties.
- Section 3-1-16 - Employment by county commissions of persons to enforce laws for prevention of cruelty to animals; compensation, oath and powers of same.
- Section 3-1-17 - Notification of owners, etc., of dairies upon discovery of cows affected with tuberculosis.
- Section 3-1-18 - Removal from herd and slaughter or isolation of tuberculous cows generally; procedure for isolation, retesting, slaughter, etc., of same; compensation of owners for slaughtered cows, etc., determined not to have been affected by tuberculosis.
- Section 3-1-19 - Penalties for violations of provisions of Sections 3-1-17 and 3-1-18.
- Section 3-1-20 - Sale or purchase of domestic animals or fowl between sunset and sunrise.
- Section 3-1-21 - Sale or exchange of horse or mule affected with glanders, etc.; fee of district attorney.
- Section 3-1-22 - Sale, etc., of mare or jennet subject to lien for services of stallion or jack prior to payment of price stipulated for such service.
- Section 3-1-23 - Burning, cauterizing, etc., of teeth of horse, mule, etc., for purpose of fraudulently making horse, etc., appear younger - Prohibited.
- Section 3-1-24 - Burning, cauterizing, etc., of teeth of horse, mule, etc., for purpose of fraudulently making horse, etc., appear younger - Evidence as to burning, etc., of teeth to be substantiated by veterinarian.
- Section 3-1-25 - Burning, cauterizing, etc., of teeth of horse, mule, etc., for purpose of fraudulently making horse, etc., appear younger - Effect of possession of such horse, etc.
- Section 3-1-26 - Burning, cauterizing, etc., of teeth of horse, mule, etc., for purpose of fraudulently making horse, etc., appear younger — Transportation, etc., of such horse into state.
- Section 3-1-27 - Marking, branding or altering mark or brand of equine or equidae, etc., of another with intent to defraud.
- Section 3-1-28 - Burial or burning of bodies of dead animals generally; burning of hogs dying from cholera, etc.; failure to burn or bury dead animal, etc.
- Section 3-1-29 - Activities relating to fighting of dogs prohibited; punishment; violations; confiscation; procedures for disposition of animals; bond for the care of seized dog; forfeiture.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.