2017 Code of Alabama
Title 29 - LEGISLATURE.
Chapter 5A - LEGISLATIVE SERVICES AGENCY
Article 2 - Legal Division
Section 29-5A-24 - THIS SECTION WAS ASSIGNED BY THE CODE COMMISSIONER IN THE 2017 REGULAR SESSION, EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2017. THIS IS NOT IN THE CURRENT CODE SUPPLEMENT.
(a) The Code Commissioner, with the assistance of the Legal Division, shall prepare an official recompilation of the Constitution of Alabama of 1901, as amended. This official recompilation may not make any substantive change to any existing operative constitutional provision.
(b) The official recompilation shall include all of the following:
(1) The removal of all expressly repealed sections or amendments, or portions thereof.
(2) The insertion of expressly identified amendatory language contained in a particular constitutional amendment into the identified location and the deletion of the language being amended and replaced and the retention of the original article and section number or amendment number.
(3) The relocation of various constitutional amendments applicable to the entire state in the appropriate article of the constitution based upon a logical sequence and the particular subject or topic.
(4) The grouping of various constitutional amendments applicable to the entire state in the same location in the document based upon a logical sequence and the particular subject or topic.
(5) The grouping of local constitutional amendments in the same location in the document based upon a particular subject or topic or by county.
(6) The elimination of constitutional provisions or amendments, including portions of such provisions or amendments, that have lapsed or have been invalidated, directly or indirectly, by decision of a court of last resort.
(7) The inclusion, after the text of a relocated provision, of the official constitutional amendment number assigned to that provision at the time of ratification.
(8) Other editorial changes necessary to accurately reflect the current status of the constitution in a logical manner.
(c) The Code Commissioner, upon completion, shall instruct the official Code Publisher to publish the official recompilation.
(d) The recompiled constitution published under this section shall be known as and cited as the Official Recompilation of the Constitution of Alabama of 1901, as amended.
(e) In the event of a conflict between the official recompilation published under this section and the Constitution of Alabama of 1901, or any amendments to the Constitution of Alabama of 1901, the Constitution of Alabama of 1901, or the amendments thereto, or both, shall prevail over the official recompilation.(Act 2017-214, §1.)