2017 Code of Alabama
Article 12 - Judgment and Postjudgment Procedure.
Section 18-1A-213 - Performance of work to reduce amount of award.

Universal Citation: AL Code § 18-1A-213 (2017)
Section 18-1A-213Performance of work to reduce amount of award.

(a) If the probate court finds that the plaintiff and defendant have entered into a written agreement under which the plaintiff has completed, or has undertaken to perform, described work, or if a pretrial order required the performance of work by the plaintiff, the court may include in the judgment a determination that the plaintiff has satisfied, or may satisfy, the judgment in whole or in part by performing the work as described.

(b) The provisions included in the judgment under subsection (a) shall describe or incorporate the terms and conditions of the agreement or pretrial order, and to the extent the agreement or order fails to provide therefor shall include requirements relating to:

(1) The location and nature of the work and the time for its commencement and completion; and

(2) The amount of compensation awarded which is or will be satisfied by performance of the work by the plaintiff, rather than by payment in money together with any proper adjustments in the amount of interest allowable on the amount awarded.

(c) For good cause, the probate court may require the plaintiff to deposit funds with the court, or to execute and file with the clerk a bond with sureties approved by the court, in an amount not less than the estimated cost of the work, to guarantee its faithful and timely performance; and the court may impose other reasonable terms and conditions including a reservation of continuing jurisdiction to assure that the work will be properly performed in accordance with the judgment.

(Acts 1985, No. 85-548, p. 802, §1204.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.