2017 Code of Alabama
Title 15 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE.
Chapter 12 - DEFENSE OF INDIGENTS.
Article 3 - Public Defenders.
- Section 15-12-40 - Establishment of public defender office; selection and appointment of attorneys.
- Section 15-12-41 - Term of office; removal; requirement of service.
- Section 15-12-42 - Powers and duties.
- Section 15-12-43 - Compensation and expenses.
- Section 15-12-44 - Recordkeeping; confidentiality of attorney-client communications.
- Section 15-12-45 - Approval of expenditures, salaries, etc.; employment of assistants, investigators, etc.
- Section 15-12-46 - Applicability of article to establishment of appointed counsel or contract counsel systems, etc.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.