2017 Code of Alabama
Title 12 - COURTS.
Chapter 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS.
- Section 12-1-1 - Effect of rules of Supreme Court of Alabama.
- Section 12-1-2 - Vesting of judicial power of state generally.
- Section 12-1-3 - Vesting of criminal jurisdiction.
- Section 12-1-4 - Transfer of cases improperly submitted to Supreme Court or courts of appeals.
- Section 12-1-5 - Procedure when bill to increase or decrease number of judges or change boundaries of circuit or district introduced in Legislature.
- Section 12-1-6 - Procedure when local legislation affecting judiciary introduced in Legislature.
- Section 12-1-7 - Powers of courts as to preservation of order, enforcement of judgments, etc., generally.
- Section 12-1-8 - Cases in which courts may issue attachments and inflict summary punishment for contempt.
- Section 12-1-9 - Conduct of inquiries, etc., as to violations of Section 12-1-8 and punishment of offenders.
- Section 12-1-10 - Punishment by courts for contempt.
- Section 12-1-11 - Appeal to appellate court by attorney or officer from judgment of contempt.
- Section 12-1-12 - Grounds for disqualification of judges from trial of cases generally.
- Section 12-1-13 - Grounds for disqualification of justices of Supreme Court and judges of courts of appeals from participation in decision of cases.
- Section 12-1-14 - Appointment, powers, compensation, etc., of special judges for circuit, district, or probate court.
- Section 12-1-14.1 - Appointment of special judge upon request; temporary service.
- Section 12-1-14.2 - Senior judge status.
- Section 12-1-15 - Benefits to which judges, officers, employees, etc., of judicial branch of government entitled; uniformity of treatment as to benefits, etc., of supernumerary justices and judges and retired justices and judges; failure by justice or judge to apply for supernumerary or retirement benefits at time of leaving active state service not to forfeit entitlement to rights.
- Section 12-1-16 - Voluntary diminution of compensation, benefits, etc., by judges, officers, employees, etc., of judicial branch of government.
- Section 12-1-17 - Reimbursement of travel expenses of judges, officers, etc., of appellate courts attending judicial colleges, seminars, etc.
- Section 12-1-18 - Reimbursement of travel expenses of circuit judges, district court judges, municipal judges, court-supportive personnel, etc.; effect of failure to attend educational conference, seminar, etc., when attendance ordered.
- Section 12-1-19 - Monthly reports of clerks of circuit, district and municipal courts as to fines, fees, etc., collected.
- Section 12-1-20 - Appellate courts, Administrative Office of Courts and Department of Court Management authorized to contract with counties, municipalities, etc., for offices and other physical facilities for courts.
- Section 12-1-21 - Salaries of court personnel, etc.
- Section 12-1-22 - Certain statutes relative to judicial circuits and court personnel continued in effect.
- Section 12-1-23 - Reasonable accommodation for those in need of special services, etc.
- Section 12-1-24 - Pretrial hearings in certain cases to be conducted by audio-video communications.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.