2016 Code of Alabama
Title 4 - AVIATION.
Chapter 6 - AIRPORT ZONING.
Section 4-6-2 - Definitions.
As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them by this section:
(1) AIRPORT. Any area of land or water designed and set aside for the landing and taking-off of aircraft and utilized or to be utilized in the interest of the public for such purposes.
(2) AIRPORT HAZARD. Any structure or tree or use of land which obstructs the airspace required for the flight of aircraft in landing or taking-off at any airport or is otherwise hazardous to such landing or taking-off of aircraft.
(3) AIRPORT HAZARD AREA. Any area of land or water upon which an airport hazard might be established if not prevented as provided in this chapter.
(4) POLITICAL SUBDIVISION. Any municipality, city, town, village or county.
(5) PERSON. Any individual, firm, copartnership, corporation, company, association, joint stock association or body politic and includes any trustee, receiver, assignee or other similar representative thereof.
(6) STRUCTURE. Any object constructed or installed by man including, but without limitation, buildings, towers, smokestacks and overhead transmission lines.
(7) TREE. Any object of natural growth.(Acts 1953, No. 730, p. 985, §1.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.