2016 Code of Alabama
Title 4 - AVIATION.
Chapter 4 - MUNICIPAL AIRPORTS AND REGULATIONS.
Section 4-4-1 - Definitions.
When used in this chapter, unless the context plainly indicates otherwise, the present tense shall include the future tense and the following words and phrases shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them by this section:
(1) AIRCRAFT. Any contrivance now known or hereafter invented, used or designed for navigation of or flight in the air, except a parachute or other contrivance designed for use primarily as safety equipment.
(2) CIVIL AIRCRAFT. Any aircraft, other than a military aircraft of the United States or of a state, territory or possession of the United States.
(3) OPERATING AIRCRAFT. Performing the services of an aircraft pilot.
(4) STATE. The State of Alabama.
(5) MUNICIPALITY. Any county, city, town or incorporated village of the State of Alabama.
(6) MUNICIPAL AIRPORT. An airport under the direct control and management of a municipality; provided, that for the purpose of this and the following definition, the letting by a municipality to others of any privilege or concession upon an airport shall not be construed as depriving the municipality of any control or management over any part of such airport or the operations thereon.
(7) OPERATING AIRPORT. Managing and controlling an airport open for use.(Acts 1931, No. 136, p. 197; Code 1940, T. 4, §21.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.