2016 Code of Alabama
Title 4 - AVIATION.
Chapter 2A - ALABAMA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AUTHORITY.
Section 4-2A-1 - Definitions.
When used in this chapter, unless the context plainly indicates otherwise, the present tense shall include the future tense, the singular shall include the plural, the plural shall include the singular and the following words and phrases shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them by this section:
(1) AIRCRAFT. Any contrivance now known or hereafter invented, used or designed for navigation of or flight in the air, except a parachute or other contrivance designed for use primarily as safety equipment.
(2) AIRPORT. Any area of land or water which is used, or intended for use, for the landing, take-off, storage, parking or dispersal of aircraft, and any appurtenant areas which are used, or intended for use, for airport buildings, facilities or rights-of-way, together with all airport buildings, structures and facilities located thereon.
(3) AIRPORT BUILDING. Any building used or to be used in connection with the construction, enlargement, development, maintenance or operation of an airport or heliport or in connection with the exercise of any power of the authority.
(4) AIRPORT FACILITY. Any building, structure, land, right-of-way, equipment or instrumentality used or to be used in connection with the construction, enlargement, development, maintenance or operation of an airport or heliport or in connection with the exercise of any power of the authority.
(5) AIR NAVIGATION FACILITY. Any facility used in, available for use in, or designed for use in aid of, air navigation, including any structures, mechanisms, lights, beacons, markers, communicating systems or other instrumentalities or devices used or useful as an aid, or constituting an advantage or convenience to the safe taking-off, navigation and landing of aircraft, or the safe and efficient operation or maintenance of an airport, and any combination of any or all of such facilities.
(6) AUTHORITY. The public corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(7) BOARD. The board of directors of the authority.
(8) BOND. Any bond authorized to be issued pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(9) COUNTY. Any of the 67 counties of the state.
(10) DIRECTOR. A member of the board of directors of the authority.
(11) FAA. The Federal Aviation Administration.
(12) GOVERNMENT SECURITIES. Any bonds or other obligations which as to principal and interest constitute direct obligations of, or are unconditionally guaranteed by, the United States of America, including obligations of any federal agency to the extent such obligations are unconditionally guaranteed by the United States of America and any certificates or any other evidences of an ownership interest in such obligations of, or unconditionally guaranteed by, the United States of America or in specified portions thereof (which may consist of the principal thereof or the interest thereon).
(13) HELIPORT. An airport designed primarily for use by helicopters.
(14) INDENTURE. A mortgage, an indenture of mortgage, deed of trust, trust agreement or trust indenture executed by the authority as security for bonds.
(15) MUNICIPALITY. Any of the incorporated municipal corporations of the state, whether classified as city or town.
(16) OTHER FACILITY. Any land, right in land, building, structure, machinery, equipment or facility useful for or in connection with any type of transportation system, project, service or facility, or any housing or residential project or facility, or any educational project or facility, or any stadium, coliseum, fair ground, exhibition or athletic building or any other recreational facility, or any one or more or all of the foregoing.
(17) PERMITTED INVESTMENTS.
a. Government securities;
b. Bonds, debentures, notes or other evidences of indebtedness issued by any of the following agencies: Bank for Cooperatives, Federal Intermediate Credit Banks, Federal Financing Bank, Federal Home Loan Banks, Federal Farm Credit Bank, Export-Import Bank of the United States, Federal Land Banks, Farmers Home Administration or any other agency or corporation which has been or may hereafter be created by or pursuant to an act of the Congress of the United States as an agency or instrumentality thereof;
c. Bonds, notes, pass through securities or other evidences of indebtedness of Government National Mortgage Association and participation certificates of Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation;
d. Full faith and credit obligations of any state, provided that at the time of purchase such obligations are rated at least "AA" by Standard & Poor's Corporation and at least "Aa" by Moody's Investors Service;
e. Public housing bonds issued by public agencies or municipalities and fully secured as to the payment of both principal and interest by contracts with the United States of America, or temporary notes, preliminary notes or project notes issued by public agencies or municipalities, in each case fully secured as to the payment of both principal and interest by a requisition or payment agreement with the United States of America;
f. Time deposits evidenced by certificates of deposit issued by banks or savings and loan associations which are members of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, provided that, to the extent such time deposits are not covered by federal deposit insurance, such time deposits (including interest thereon) are fully secured by a pledge of obligations described in paragraphs a, b, c, and e above, which at all times have a market value (exclusive of accrued interest) not less than the amount of such bank time deposits required to be so secured and which meet the greater of 100% collateralization or the "AA" collateral levels established by Standard & Poor's Corporation for structured financings;
g. Repurchase agreements for obligations of the type specified in paragraphs a, b, c, and e above, provided such repurchase agreements are fully collateralized and secured by such obligations which have a market value (exclusive of accrued interest) at least equal to the purchase price of such repurchase agreements, which are held by a depository satisfactory to the State Treasurer in such manner as may be required to provide a perfected security interest in such obligations, and which meet the greater of 100% collateralization or the "AA" collateral levels established by Standard & Poor's Corporation for structured financings; and
h. Uncollateralized investment agreements with, or certificates of deposit issued by, banks or bank holding companies, the senior long-term securities of which are rated at least "AA" by Standard & Poor's Corporation and at least "Aa" by Moody's Investors Service.
i. S.E.C. registered, open-ended mutual funds whose portfolios consist of securities or obligations of the type specified in clauses a, b, c, d, e, and f above, provided that no sales load charge may be added to the purchase price or deducted from the redemption price of such mutual funds.
(18) STATE. The State of Alabama.
(19) AUTHORITY'S MAIN AIRPORT TERMINAL. The main terminal located at the airport which has the longest runway and is called the authority's major airport as defined in Section 4-2A-5(a).(Acts 1991, No. 91-667, p. 1275, §1.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.