2016 Code of Alabama
Title 37 - PUBLIC UTILITIES AND PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.
Chapter 2A - COMMUNICATIONS REFORM ACT OF 2005.
Section 37-2A-11 - Interpretation.
(a) This chapter is intended to supersede the remainder of this title as to any matter provided for in this chapter.
(b) Nothing in this chapter shall do any of the following:
(1) Alter the jurisdiction, rights, powers, authority, or duties of the commission except as specifically provided for in this chapter.
(2) Be interpreted to expand the commission's jurisdiction, right, power, authority, or duty as it is provided for in any other chapter of this title.
(3) Alter any provider's obligations under state E-911 laws.
(4) Alter, amend, or modify taxes imposed by Title 40, or any other title of this code, unless specifically provided for in this chapter.
(5) Alter, amend, or modify, other than as provided in subdivision (1) of subsection (b) of Section 37-2A-4, the commission's authority with regard to wholesale transactions between incumbent local exchange carriers and other telecommunications carriers for the transmission and routing of telephone exchange service and exchange access.
(6) Alter or modify the current treatment of tariffed emergency reporting services regulated by the commission on or before February 1, 2005, and offered by local exchange carriers to public safety answering points and emergency communications districts.
(7) Confer upon the commission the power and jurisdiction to regulate and supervise any utility or telecommunications carrier owned and operated by any municipal corporation in the state or any municipal instrumentality, as defined in subdivision (15) of Section 11-50B-2.
(8) Limit the ability of the Attorney General of this state to investigate claims of, and seek appropriate remedies for, alleged anticompetitive pricing or illegal tying of telecommunications services or other potential violations of antitrust law relating to the provision of telecommunications services by any carrier that becomes subject to this chapter.(Act 2005-110, p. 163, §1; Act 2009-461, p. 810, §1.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.