2016 Code of Alabama
Title 37 - PUBLIC UTILITIES AND PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.
Chapter 13 - INCORPORATION OF RAILROAD AUTHORITIES AS PUBLIC CORPORATIONS.
Section 37-13-9 - Cooperation of cities, counties, etc.
For the purpose of aiding and cooperating with an authority in the planning, development, undertaking, construction, extension, improvement or operation of railroad properties and facilities, any county, city, town or other political subdivision, public corporation, agency or instrumentality of this state may, upon such terms and with or without consideration, as it may determine:
(1) Lend or donate money to an authority;
(2) Cause water, sewer or drainage facilities, or any other facilities which it is empowered to provide, to be furnished adjacent to or in connection with such railroad properties and facilities;
(3) Donate, sell, convey, transfer or lease to an authority any land, property, franchise, grant easement, license or lease, which it may own;
(4) Donate, transfer, assign, sell or convey to an authority any right, title or interest which it may have in any lease, contract, agreement, license or property;
(5) Furnish, dedicate, close, pave, repair, install, grade, regrade, plan or replan streets, roads, roadways and walks from established streets or roads to railroad properties and facilities of an authority; and
(6) Do any and all things, whether or not specifically authorized in this section and not otherwise prohibited by law, that are necessary or convenient to aid and cooperate with an authority in the planning, undertaking, construction, reconstruction, acquisition or operation of railroad properties and facilities.(Acts 1984, No. 84-179, p. 256, §9.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.