2016 Code of Alabama
Title 37 - PUBLIC UTILITIES AND PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.
Chapter 11B - ALABAMA CAPITAL ASSISTANCE STIMULUS FOR RAIL PROJECTS ACT OF 2009.
Section 37-11B-4 - Program to promote passenger rail travel and service.
ADECA with the assistance of the commission shall establish and operate a program to promote passenger rail travel and service in the state and make recommendations for the development and funding of specific projects related to the construction, rehabilitation, maintenance, and improvement of the state's passenger rail infrastructure, which shall include, but are not limited to, all of the following:
(1) Insuring compatibility for a project or projects with opportunities for the state to obtain federal funding assistance that may be available for high-speed rail service, which includes, but is not limited to, intercity passenger rail service that is reasonably expected to reach speeds of 110 miles per hour.
(2) Considering projects that create a series of corridor route rail segments with passenger service areas that are smaller than long-distance passenger trains and typically connect major city pairs, in order to provide improved service at peak travel times and a higher frequency of trains.
(3) Requiring that passenger rail projects demonstrate improvements in estimated ridership, increased on-time performance, reduced trip time, and additional service frequency to meet anticipated demand.
(4) Establishing criteria for the development of such projects that shall include, but are not limited to, public safety and interest, economic benefit to the state, financial viability after the dedication of state or federal funding resources, and continuity of rail infrastructure with regard to passenger rail service in the state.
(5) Conducting feasibility studies with regard to passenger rail service, in addition to the creation or update of the Passenger Component of the State Rail Plan.(Act 2009-787, p. 2472, §4.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.