2016 Code of Alabama
Title 31 - MILITARY AFFAIRS AND CIVIL DEFENSE.
Chapter 9 - EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT.
Article 1 - Alabama Emergency Management Act of 1955.
- Section 31-9-1 - Short title.
- Section 31-9-2 - Findings and declarations of necessity; purpose of article and public policy.
- Section 31-9-3 - Definitions.
- Section 31-9-4 - State Emergency Management Agency; Director of Emergency Management.
- Section 31-9-6 - Powers and duties of Governor with respect to emergency management.
- Section 31-9-7 - Mutual interstate aid agreements and compacts.
- Section 31-9-8 - Emergency powers of Governor.
- Section 31-9-9 - Powers and duties of directors of local emergency management organizations as to mutual aid agreements.
- Section 31-9-10 - Local emergency management organizations; emergency powers of political subdivisions.
- Section 31-9-11 - Powers, duties, etc., of employees of political subdivisions rendering outside aid.
- Section 31-9-12 - Reimbursement of expenses of operation of mobile support units of other states; operation of Alabama mobile support units in other states.
- Section 31-9-13 - Orders, rules and regulations of Governor - Effect; distribution.
- Section 31-9-14 - Orders, rules, and regulations of Governor - Enforcement.
- Section 31-9-15 - Orders, rules, and regulations of Governor - Enforcement - Arrests without warrant.
- Section 31-9-16 - Immunity of state, etc., from liability for torts resulting from emergency management activities; exemptions of emergency management workers from license requirements; powers, duties, etc., of emergency management workers.
- Section 31-9-17 - Exemption from tort liability of persons granting license or privilege for use of real estate, etc., for shelters.
- Section 31-9-18 - Governor, etc., may accept services, etc., from federal government, private persons, etc.
- Section 31-9-19 - Political activities by emergency management organizations.
- Section 31-9-20 - Employment of subversives by emergency management organizations; loyalty oath.
- Section 31-9-21 - Compensation insurance for emergency management workers and trainees.
- Section 31-9-22 - Penalties.
- Section 31-9-23 - Article to be liberally construed.
- Section 31-9-24 - Regular and emergency appropriations; state grants to political subdivisions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.