2016 Code of Alabama
Title 30 - MARITAL AND DOMESTIC RELATIONS.
Chapter 1 - MARRIAGE.
- Section 30-1-3 - Issue of incestuous marriages not deemed illegitimate.
- Section 30-1-4 - Minimum age for contracting marriage.
- Section 30-1-5 - Consent of parents and bond required for marriage of certain minors.
- Section 30-1-6 - Solemnization of marriage of parties under age of consent or within prohibited degrees, etc.
- Section 30-1-7 - Persons authorized to solemnize marriages.
- Section 30-1-8 - Fee for performing marriage.
- Section 30-1-9 - Marriage not to be solemnized without license; issuance, effect and duration of license; solemnization of marriage when license void.
- Section 30-1-10 - Penalty for issuance of marriage license to minor contrary to provisions of chapter.
- Section 30-1-11 - Penalty for solemnization of marriage without license.
- Section 30-1-12 - Probate judge to maintain register of licenses; register deemed presumptive evidence of facts.
- Section 30-1-13 - Persons solemnizing marriages to execute certificate; recordation thereof; marriage certificate deemed presumptive evidence of fact.
- Section 30-1-14 - Failure of minister, etc., to return marriage certificate to probate judge.
- Section 30-1-16 - Correction of vital error in marriage application, license, or certificate.
- Section 30-1-17 - Correction of marriage records.
- Section 30-1-18 - Probate judge to notify district attorney of offenses under chapter.
- Section 30-1-19 - Marriage, recognition thereof, between persons of the same sex prohibited.
- Section 30-1-20 - (Effective January 1, 2017) Common-law marriage abolished.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.