2016 Code of Alabama
Title 26 - INFANTS AND INCOMPETENTS.
Chapter 18 - CHILD PROTECTION.
- Section 26-18-1 - Short title.
- Section 26-18-2 - Purpose; precedence of appeals.
- Section 26-18-3 - Definitions.
- Section 26-18-4 - Applicability of Rules of Juvenile Procedure; allegation and proof of ability to assume custody of child.
- Section 26-18-5 - Who may file petition.
- Section 26-18-6 - Service of process.
- Section 26-18-7 - Grounds for termination of parental rights; factors considered; presumption arising from abandonment.
- Section 26-18-8 - Transfer of custody.
- Section 26-18-9 - Periodic review of efforts to achieve adoption of child in custody of another after parental rights terminated.
- Section 26-18-10 - Authority of one in custody to place child for adoption or consent to adoption.
- Section 26-18-11 - Applicability.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.