2016 Code of Alabama
Title 22 - HEALTH, MENTAL HEALTH, AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL.
Title 1 - HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL GENERALLY.
Chapter 11A - REPORTING NOTIFIABLE DISEASES.
Article 1 - General Provisions.
- Section 22-11A-1 - State Board of Health to designate notifiable diseases and health conditions.
- Section 22-11A-2 - Persons responsible to report diseases; contents of report; confidential information; person making report immune from liability.
- Section 22-11A-3 - Action of health officer upon being notified of diseases; quarantine.
- Section 22-11A-4 - Physician, hospital, etc., records available to Health Officer.
- Section 22-11A-5 - When State Board of Health to take charge of investigation.
- Section 22-11A-6 - Penalty for failure to make report.
- Section 22-11A-7 - Persons having notifiable disease to obey directions of health officials.
- Section 22-11A-8 - Health officer to investigate complaints of diseases; afflicted persons to be moved to suitable place; expenses of removal.
- Section 22-11A-9 - Tuberculosis cases to be reported; contents of report; reports confidential.
- Section 22-11A-10 - State Board of Health to investigate reported cases of tuberculosis; voluntary treatment; probate court may order compulsory treatment and quarantine; cost of treatment; exercise of religious freedom.
- Section 22-11A-11 - Contract hospitals to admit indigent patients with chronic lung diseases; costs.
- Section 22-11A-12 - Statewide outpatient clinics; State Board of Health to contract for regional tuberculosis hospitals; expenditures.
- Section 22-11A-13 - Sexually transmitted diseases.
- Section 22-11A-14 - Cases of sexually transmitted diseases to be reported; contents of report; reports confidential; penalty for violation; measures for protection of others.
- Section 22-11A-16 - Serologic or other biologic sample required to be taken of pregnant women and of newborns.
- Section 22-11A-17 - Testing of correctional facility inmates for sexually transmitted diseases; treatment; discharge of infectious inmates; victim may request results of HIV testing.
- Section 22-11A-18 - Isolation of person believed to have sexually transmitted disease; such person required to report for treatment; costs; compulsory treatment and quarantine.
- Section 22-11A-19 - Minor 12 years or older may consent to medical treatment for sexually transmitted disease; medical care provider may inform parent or guardian.
- Section 22-11A-20 - Physicians to instruct persons on prevention and cure of sexually transmitted diseases.
- Section 22-11A-21 - Penalties for treating or preparing medicine without a license; penalty for person afflicted with sexually transmitted disease to transmit such disease to another person.
- Section 22-11A-22 - Medical records of persons infected with sexually transmitted diseases confidential; penalty for release.
- Section 22-11A-23 - Any person believed exposed to diseases to be tested; any person believed afflicted shall seek and accept treatment.
- Section 22-11A-24 - Commitment to Department of Public Health for compulsory treatment when person exposed or afflicted and refuses treatment.
- Section 22-11A-25 - Commitment petition - Contents.
- Section 22-11A-26 - Commitment petition - Probate judge may take sworn testimony of petitioner; petition without merit to be dismissed.
- Section 22-11A-27 - Commitment petition - Notice of petition to be served; contents.
- Section 22-11A-28 - Commitment petition - Limitations placed upon liberty of person; probate judge determination; standard for imposing limitations; probable cause hearing; temporary treatment before final hearing.
- Section 22-11A-29 - Commitment petition - Appointment of guardian ad litem and attorney.
- Section 22-11A-30 - Commitment petition - Order for person to appear for hearing and be examined by physician.
- Section 22-11A-31 - Commitment petition - Rules to apply at hearings.
- Section 22-11A-32 - Commitment petition - Findings; rehearing; confinement when no treatment available.
- Section 22-11A-33 - Probate court retains jurisdiction over person committed.
- Section 22-11A-34 - Law enforcement officers to convey person to custody of Department of Public Health; public health facilities to report on progress of persons committed.
- Section 22-11A-35 - Attorney and expert fees.
- Section 22-11A-36 - Appeal of commitment order; notice of appeal; limitations to be placed upon liberty of person pending appeal.
- Section 22-11A-37 - Testing and treatment of inmate of correctional facility.
- Section 22-11A-38 - Notification of third parties of disease; rules; who may be notified; liability; confidentiality; disclosure of information for certain criminal proceedings; penalty.
- Section 22-11A-39 - Notification of pre-hospital agencies who assisted in delivering person with infectious disease to hospital.
- Section 22-11A-40 - Laboratory tests for AIDS and other diseases; fees; personnel.
- Section 22-11A-41 - Approval of testing or diagnostic kits.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.