2016 Code of Alabama
Title 21 - HANDICAPPED PERSONS.
Chapter 7 - RIGHTS OF BLIND AND OTHERWISE PHYSICALLY DISABLED PERSONS.
- Section 21-7-1 - Declaration of policy.
- Section 21-7-2 - Right to full use of streets, sidewalks, public buildings, public facilities, etc.
- Section 21-7-3 - Right to use of public conveyances and transportation facilities, lodging places, places of public accommodation, etc.
- Section 21-7-4 - Right of person with a disability to be accompanied by service animal.
- Section 21-7-5 - Penalty for denial of or interference with enumerated rights.
- Section 21-7-6 - Duty of drivers to pedestrians carrying cane or accompanied by guide dog.
- Section 21-7-7 - Rights of blind persons not using cane or guide dog; failure to use cane or guide dog not evidence of contributory negligence.
- Section 21-7-8 - Employment by state, political subdivisions of state, public schools, etc.
- Section 21-7-9 - Right to housing accommodations.
- Section 21-7-10 - Annual proclamation of White Cane Safety Day.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.