2016 Code of Alabama
Title 16 - EDUCATION.
Chapter 60 - TRADE SCHOOLS AND JUNIOR COLLEGES.
Article 4 - Alabama Trade School and Junior College Authority Act.
Section 16-60-87 - Powers of authority.
The authority shall have the following powers:
(1) To have succession by its corporate name until dissolved as hereinafter provided;
(2) To sue and be sued and to prosecute and defend in any court having jurisdiction of the subject matter and of the parties thereto;
(3) To have and to use a corporate seal and to alter the seal at pleasure;
(4) To establish a fiscal year;
(5) To provide for acquiring and improving sites for additional trade schools and junior colleges, constructing, acquiring, reconstructing, improving and altering buildings therefor and purchasing, acquiring and installing the original equipment thereof, and to make capital improvements to existing trade schools and at institutions of higher learning heretofore or hereafter established;
(6) To anticipate by the issuance of its bonds the receipt of the revenues herein appropriated and pledged;
(7) As security for the payment of the principal of and interest on its bonds, to pledge the proceeds of the appropriations and pledges herein provided for; and
(8) To appoint and employ such attorneys and agents as the business of the authority may require.(Acts 1963, 2nd Ex. Sess., No. 93, p. 259, §7.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.