There is a newer version of the Code of Alabama
2016 Code of Alabama
Title 11 - COUNTIES AND MUNICIPAL CORPORATIONS.
Title 3 - PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO COUNTIES AND MUNICIPAL CORPORATIONS.
Chapter 99A - Alabama Improvement Districts.
- Section 11-99A-1 - Name.
- Section 11-99A-2 - Definitions.
- Section 11-99A-3 - Conduct of hearings.
- Section 11-99A-4 - Establishment of districts.
- Section 11-99A-5 - Validity of petition to form or amend district.
- Section 11-99A-6 - Powers of a district.
- Section 11-99A-7 - Immunity.
- Section 11-99A-8 - Internal operations of a district.
- Section 11-99A-9 - Appointment of board members.
- Section 11-99A-10 - Annexation incidental to formation of district.
- Section 11-99A-11 - Assessment of district land.
- Section 11-99A-12 - Contracting for improvements.
- Section 11-99A-13 - Final assessment.
- Section 11-99A-14 - Payment of assessments.
- Section 11-99A-15 - Issuance of bonds by districts; terms and assessments.
- Section 11-99A-16 - Exemptions of district - Usury and interest laws.
- Section 11-99A-17 - Pledge of assessments.
- Section 11-99A-18 - Refundings.
- Section 11-99A-19 - Excess funds.
- Section 11-99A-20 - Exemption from taxation.
- Section 11-99A-21 - Failure to pay assessments.
- Section 11-99A-22 - Amendments of district.
- Section 11-99A-23 - Conduct of elections.
- Section 11-99A-24 - Dispute as to ownership.
- Section 11-99A-25 - Failure to provide notice.
- Section 11-99A-26 - Multiple assessments.
- Section 11-99A-27 - Dissolution and liquidation.
- Section 11-99A-28 - Reimbursement of appointing government costs.
- Section 11-99A-29 - Resolutions not permanent.
- Section 11-99A-30 - Methods of allocating assessments.
- Section 11-99A-31 - Recordation of notice of lien.
- Section 11-99A-32 - Apportionment of liens.
- Section 11-99A-33 - Non-effect of errors.
- Section 11-99A-34 - Irregularly shaped lots.
- Section 11-99A-35 - Enjoining of assessments.
- Section 11-99A-36 - Pledge of assessments to bonds.
- Section 11-99A-37 - Appropriations by public persons.
- Section 11-99A-38 - Merger of improvement districts.
- Section 11-99A-39 - Feasibility as a condition.
- Section 11-99A-40 - Land owned by public persons.
- Section 11-99A-41 - Use of improvements by persons not assessed.
- Section 11-99A-42 - Reassessments.
- Section 11-99A-43 - Assessment revenue anticipation bonds, notes etc.
- Section 11-99A-44 - Bonds in series.
- Section 11-99A-45 - Parity bonds.
- Section 11-99A-46 - Assumption of municipal or county actions.
- Section 11-99A-47 - Limited exception from regulations.
- Section 11-99A-48 - Additional security for bonds.
- Section 11-99A-49 - Investments in bonds.
- Section 11-99A-50 - Provisions cumulative.
- Section 11-99A-51 - Disposition of net earnings.
- Section 11-99A-52 - Formation and incorporation of districts validated and confirmed; validity of certain districts.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.