2015 Code of Alabama
Title 9 - CONSERVATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES.
Chapter 15 - PUBLIC LANDS.
Article 1 - Administration, etc., of Unused Public Lands.
- Section 9-15-1 - Definitions.
- Section 9-15-2 - Jurisdiction and control of unused lands; recommendations as to policy generally.
- Section 9-15-3 - Determination and listing of unused lands suitable for devotion to forest culture; use of same as state forests or state parks.
- Section 9-15-4 - Concentration of ownership of scattered state owned lands.
- Section 9-15-5 - Duties of department to be performed without prejudice, etc., to rights of trust beneficiaries or state institutions; department to act as technical advisor.
- Section 9-15-6 - Ascertainment of description and location of lands owned or held in trust by state, state institutions, etc.; classification of lands and preparation of records of ownership.
- Section 9-15-7 - Disposition of records generally.
- Section 9-15-8 - Filing of lists of used and unused lands by state departments and institutions; filing of lists of improvements made on said lands; disposition of lists.
- Section 9-15-9 - Preparation and disposition of records showing ownership, general character, disposition, etc., of used and unused lands.
- Section 9-15-10 - Notice, etc., of change in status, disposition or acquisition of used and unused lands.
- Section 9-15-11 - Preparation of county maps showing ownership and location of lands owned by state institutions or departments.
- Section 9-15-12 - Preparation of lists of lands owned by state, state institutions, etc., for county tax assessors; notice of acquisition or disposition of lands.
- Section 9-15-13 - Acquisition of lands to which state entitled; recordation of same.
- Section 9-15-14 - Duty to determine best use for which unused lands may be adapted; use of same for purpose for which suited.
- Section 9-15-15 - Disposition of revenues from unused lands managed by department; charges for administration, protection, mapping, etc.
- Section 9-15-16 - Maximum amount for charges for administration, etc., of lands.
- Section 9-15-17 - Fund for management, etc., of unused lands.
- Section 9-15-18 - Sale of timber, minerals, etc., from lands; lease, exchange or sale of lands, etc.
- Section 9-15-19 - Effect of article on local laws, etc., governing ownership, management, etc., of lands in counties.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.