2015 Code of Alabama
Title 9 - CONSERVATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES.
Chapter 11 - FISH, GAME AND WILDLIFE.
Article 8 - Hunting and Trapping of Birds and Game.
- Section 9-11-230 - Title to wild birds and animals vested in state.
- Section 9-11-231 - Permits for collection of wild animals, birds, etc., for scientific purposes, etc.
- Section 9-11-232 - Possession, sale, purchase, etc., of protected wild birds, etc.
- Section 9-11-233 - Enumeration of birds not protected.
- Section 9-11-234 - Hunting, etc., of protected birds or animals on state or federal game sanctuaries or refuges.
- Section 9-11-235 - Taking, etc., of protected birds or animals, raccoons or opossums at night; nighttime hunting of foxes with dogs.
- Section 9-11-235.1 - Taking, etc., raccoons or opossums at night; weapons used.
- Section 9-11-236 - Hunting, etc., or possession of protected birds or animals during closed season.
- Section 9-11-237 - Sale and purchase of game birds and animals including the meat or other product thereof.
- Section 9-11-238 - Hunting, etc., of wild turkeys with dogs.
- Section 9-11-240 - Opening of season for hunting, etc., of female deer and unantlered male deer.
- Section 9-11-241 - Hunting, trapping, etc., of wild game during day on lands of another without permission.
- Section 9-11-242 - Hunting, trapping, etc., of wild game at night on lands of another without permission.
- Section 9-11-243 - Hunting, trapping, etc., of fur-bearing animals within 10 feet of banks of waters on property of another without permission.
- Section 9-11-244 - Taking, etc., of protected birds or animals by means of bait.
- Section 9-11-245 - Unlawful methods of hunting birds or animals protected by law or regulation.
- Section 9-11-246 - Penalties for violations of provisions of Sections 9-11-244 and 9-11-245.
- Section 9-11-247 - Taking, keeping, etc., of raccoons for use in "coon on the log" contests.
- Section 9-11-248 - Permits for holding of "coon on the log" contests.
- Section 9-11-249 - Penalty for violations of provisions of Sections 9-11-247 and 9-11-248.
- Section 9-11-250 - Taking, etc., of deer from public waters.
- Section 9-11-251 - Taking, etc., of deer at night.
- Section 9-11-252 - Penalties for violations of provisions of Sections 9-11-250 and 9-11-251.
- Section 9-11-252.1 - Motor vehicle, weapons, etc., used in nighttime deer hunting declared contraband; seizure report; condemnation and forfeiture; disposition of proceeds.
- Section 9-11-253 - Transportation or shipment of skins or hides of fur-bearing animals without payment of state tax; bonds of dealers.
- Section 9-11-254 - Limitation as to number of traps for taking, etc., of fur-bearing animals; penalty.
- Section 9-11-255 - Transportation, shipment, etc., of protected birds or game.
- Section 9-11-256 - Liability of common carriers, etc., transporting, shipping, etc., protected birds or game.
- Section 9-11-257 - Hunting or discharge of firearm from, upon, or across public roads, etc.
- Section 9-11-258 - Persons hunting deer at night liable for killing stock.
- Section 9-11-259 - Game, birds or animals to be transported openly; confiscation, etc., of game, birds or animals transported or taken illegally.
- Section 9-11-260 - Acquisition of lands, expenditure of revenues, etc., by commissioner for propagation of game birds, game and fur-bearing animals.
- Section 9-11-261 - Permits for propagation of game birds, and game or fur-bearing animals for private purposes.
- Section 9-11-262 - Opening or closing of season for killing of beaver; payment of bounty for killing of beaver.
- Section 9-11-263 - Consent to acquisition of lands, etc., for establishment of migratory bird reservations.
- Section 9-11-264 - Liability for injury or damage to persons or domestic animals of persons using traps, etc., to take, capture, etc., fur-bearing animals; exemption of Lawrence County.
- Section 9-11-265 - Trapping on or from right-of-way of state highway; exemption of Lawrence County.
- Section 9-11-265.1 - Sections 9-11-264 and 9-11-265 inapplicable in Limestone County.
- Section 9-11-266 - Checking of traps; hanging or suspending of bait over or within 25 feet of steel trap.
- Section 9-11-267 - Filing of reports as to animals trapped, purchased, etc., by persons licensed to trap fur-bearing animals and by fur dealers.
- Section 9-11-268 - Penalty for violations of provisions of Sections 9-11-265, 9-11-266 and 9-11-267.
- Section 9-11-269 - Protection of flattened musk turtle.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.