2015 Code of Alabama
Title 8 - COMMERCIAL LAW AND CONSUMER PROTECTION.
Chapter 21A - THE TRACTOR, LAWN AND GARDEN AND LIGHT INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT FRANCHISE ACT.
- Section 8-21A-1 - Short title.
- Section 8-21A-2 - Definitions.
- Section 8-21A-3 - Violations by suppliers generally.
- Section 8-21A-4 - Termination, cancellation, or nonrenewal of dealer agreement; sales contract, etc.; new or relocated dealership; sale or lease of new equipment.
- Section 8-21A-5 - Supplier's duties to dealers - Provision of repair parts; return of surplus parts.
- Section 8-21A-6 - Supplier's duties to dealers - Agreements to maintain inventory; supplier's duty to repurchase inventory, etc. upon termination of agreement; transfer of title and right of possession; continuing security interest; items not covered; civil liability of supplier; remedies.
- Section 8-21A-7 - Supplier's duties to dealers - Death or incapacity of dealer or majority stockholder of corporation acting as dealer; inventory repurchase; applicability of rights and remedies.
- Section 8-21A-8 - Dealer's action against supplier for violations; civil liability and remedies.
- Section 8-21A-9 - Supplier's obligations applied to successor in interest or assignee.
- Section 8-21A-10 - Warranty agreement on new equipment; warranty claims.
- Section 8-21A-11 - Supplier to indemnify dealer against claims relating to manufacture, assembly, or design beyond dealer's control.
- Section 8-21A-12 - Action for injunction, damages, etc., for violations of chapter, unfair, or deceptive trade practices, and other unlawful acts.
- Section 8-21A-13 - Statute of limitations; accrual of cause of action.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.