2015 Code of Alabama
Title 8 - COMMERCIAL LAW AND CONSUMER PROTECTION.
Chapter 19A - ALABAMA TELEMARKETING ACT.
- Section 8-19A-1 - Short title.
- Section 8-19A-2 - Liberal construction.
- Section 8-19A-3 - Definitions.
- Section 8-19A-4 - Exemptions.
- Section 8-19A-5 - Licensing; application for license.
- Section 8-19A-6 - Identification of certain affiliated sellers or salespersons.
- Section 8-19A-7 - Application form and contents; fee; license number; violations.
- Section 8-19A-8 - Display of license required; penalty for failure to display license.
- Section 8-19A-9 - License renewal.
- Section 8-19A-10 - Financial requirements.
- Section 8-19A-11 - Denial of license.
- Section 8-19A-12 - Oral disclosures.
- Section 8-19A-13 - Gifts, premiums, bonuses, or prizes; disclosures.
- Section 8-19A-14 - Contract requirements; credit cards; notice of cancellation; returns; purchaser's rights.
- Section 8-19A-15 - Violations.
- Section 8-19A-16 - Enforcement procedures.
- Section 8-19A-17 - Actions by enforcing authority.
- Section 8-19A-18 - Civil penalties; recovery of penalties.
- Section 8-19A-19 - Attorney's fees and costs.
- Section 8-19A-20 - Criminal prosecuting authority.
- Section 8-19A-21 - Criminal penalties.
- Section 8-19A-22 - Civil proceeding burden of proof; criminal proceeding burden of producing evidence.
- Section 8-19A-23 - Injured person's right of recovery; Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Section 8-19A-24 - Rules.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.