2015 Code of Alabama
Title 8 - COMMERCIAL LAW AND CONSUMER PROTECTION.
Chapter 16 - WEIGHTS AND MEASURES.
Article 4 - Miscellaneous Regulations.
- Section 8-16-90 - Prohibited acts generally.
- Section 8-16-91 - Net weight of commodity basis for sales by weight.
- Section 8-16-93 - Net quantities of contents of packages to be marked on outside.
- Section 8-16-94 - Weight per bushel or barrel of certain commodities established by custom of marketplace; Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries authorized to promulgate rules concerning weights per bushel or barrel.
- Section 8-16-95 - Milk and cream bottles and containers - Capacities; markings; bond required of manufacturers.
- Section 8-16-96 - Milk and cream bottles and containers - Penalty for selling or using noncomplying containers.
- Section 8-16-97 - Milk and cream bottles and containers - Duties of sealers.
- Section 8-16-98 - Coal, coke, or charcoal - Sale by weight; "ton" defined; restriction on liquid substances in coal, coke, or charcoal.
- Section 8-16-99 - Coal, coke, or charcoal - Delivery tickets.
- Section 8-16-100 - Coal, coke, or charcoal - Weighing of coal at time of purchase at request of purchaser.
- Section 8-16-101 - Fruit, nuts, vegetables and grain to be sold by avoirdupois weight or numerical count.
- Section 8-16-102 - Cornmeal and grits to be sold in five to 200 pound packages; exceptions.
- Section 8-16-103 - Flour to be sold in packages of five to 200 pounds; exceptions.
- Section 8-16-104 - Sale of ice regulated.
- Section 8-16-105 - Sale of oil at retail regulated.
- Section 8-16-106 - Requesting false or incorrect weighing or certificate; unauthorized issuance of certificate.
- Section 8-16-107 - Operating weighing or measuring device other than as intended.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.