2015 Code of Alabama
Title 8 - COMMERCIAL LAW AND CONSUMER PROTECTION.
Chapter 16 - WEIGHTS AND MEASURES.
Article 1 - General Provisions.
- Section 8-16-1 - Definitions.
- Section 8-16-2 - Standard measure of length, surface, weight, and capacity.
- Section 8-16-3 - Standards approved by Congress to be state standards.
- Section 8-16-4 - Contracts construed according to standards ascertained by Congress.
- Section 8-16-5 - Custody of state standards; duties of Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries as to standards.
- Section 8-16-6 - Duties generally of commissioner respecting weights and measures.
- Section 8-16-7 - Powers of commissioner and local sealers in supervising weights and measures.
- Section 8-16-8 - Weights or measures corresponding with standards to be sealed or marked.
- Section 8-16-9 - Condemnation, repair, etc., of nonstandard weights and measures.
- Section 8-16-10 - Seizure for evidence of incorrect, false, or unsealed weight, measure, device, package, or commodity.
- Section 8-16-11 - Powers of sheriff conferred upon commissioner and sealers; exhibition of badges; power of arrest.
- Section 8-16-12 - Possession of altered, etc., weight, measure or device prima facie evidence of guilt.
- Section 8-16-13 - Existence of weights, measures or devices in place of sale, etc., presumptive proof of use and ownership.
- Section 8-16-15 - Rules and regulations; fees.
- Section 8-16-16 - Standards for containers of farm products - Duty to establish.
- Section 8-16-17 - Standards for containers of farm products - Adoption of federal standards.
- Section 8-16-18 - Penalties for violation of chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.