2015 Code of Alabama
Title 8 - COMMERCIAL LAW AND CONSUMER PROTECTION.
Chapter 13 - GOING OUT OF BUSINESS OR DISTRESS MERCHANDISE SALES.
- Section 8-13-1 - Definitions.
- Section 8-13-2 - License - Required; display on premises of sale; display of license number and date of issuance in advertising.
- Section 8-13-3 - License - Application.
- Section 8-13-4 - License - Bond required of applicant.
- Section 8-13-5 - License - Public hearing on application.
- Section 8-13-6 - License - Investigation; investigation fee; cost of independent audit; applicant's refusal to pay investigation fee and costs.
- Section 8-13-7 - License - License issued only to bona fide merchant.
- Section 8-13-8 - License - Fee generally; renewal fee; issuing fee; costs of investigation and public hearing.
- Section 8-13-9 - License - When probate judge to issue license.
- Section 8-13-10 - License - Restrictions on issuance.
- Section 8-13-11 - License - Surrender of business licenses.
- Section 8-13-12 - License - Duration of license; sale prohibited between November 15 and December 31; extension of license.
- Section 8-13-13 - License - Revocation or suspension.
- Section 8-13-14 - Use of trade, business or firm name of licensee after issuance of license.
- Section 8-13-15 - Sales to be held only at regular store hours; exceptions.
- Section 8-13-16 - Advertising.
- Section 8-13-17 - Sale limited to inventoried stock; additions to inventory.
- Section 8-13-18 - Daily report of merchandise received; failure to report ground for license revocation.
- Section 8-13-20 - False bidders, etc., prohibited.
- Section 8-13-21 - Licensee to be in continuous attendance at sale; licensee responsible for violations of chapter.
- Section 8-13-22 - Penalties for violation of chapter; each sale, etc., constitutes separate offense.
- Section 8-13-23 - Chapter not applicable to certain sales.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.