2015 Code of Alabama
Title 4 - AVIATION.
Chapter 2A - ALABAMA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AUTHORITY.
Section 4-2A-8 - Powers of state or any county, municipality, etc., for purpose of aiding and cooperating with authority.
For the purpose of aiding and cooperating with the authority in the financing, funding, planning, development, undertaking, construction, extension, improvement or operation of airports, heliports and air navigation facilities and other facilities, the state (in such manner and upon such terms and conditions, with or without consideration, as may be prescribed by law) or any county, municipality or other political subdivision, public corporation, agency or instrumentality of this state, (upon such terms and conditions, with or without consideration, as its governing body may determine) may, and each of them is hereby authorized and empowered to:
(1) Donate, grant, appropriate or lend money to the authority;
(2) Provide that all or a portion of any taxes, fees, or funds available or to become available to it for airport purposes or any other purposes (unless required by law to be used for nonairport purposes) shall be transferred or paid directly to the authority as such taxes, fees or funds become available to it;
(3) Cause water, sewer, electric, gas or drainage facilities or any other facilities which it is empowered to provide to be furnished adjacent to or in connection with such airports, heliports or air navigation facilities or other facilities;
(4) Donate, sell, convey, transfer or lease to the authority any land, property, franchise, grant, easement, license or lease which it may own;
(5) Donate, sell, convey or lease any airport, airport property, heliport or heliport property or any interest in any thereof owned by it to the authority;
(6) Donate, transfer, assign, sell or convey to the authority any rights, title or interest which it may have in any lease, contract, agreement, license or property;
(7) Furnish, dedicate, close, pave, repair, install, grade, regrade, plan or replan streets, roads, roadways and walks from established streets or roads to such airports, heliports or air navigation facilities or abutting or adjacent to such airports, heliports or air navigation facilities;
(8) Except as limited by the Constitution of Alabama of 1901, as amended, borrow money for the purpose of providing funds to the authority and paying all costs, fees and expenses agreed upon in connection with any such loans, and it may, without an election, issue evidences of its indebtedness in the form of interest-bearing warrants, notes or bills payable, maturing at such time or times as it may determine, not exceeding 20 years from the date of issue, and, as security for any such evidences of indebtedness and as a part of the contract whereunder any money is borrowed, it may agree to annually levy, collect and apply to the payment thereof, so long as the same or any part thereof remains unpaid, any tax or license which it is empowered or authorized on the date of such contract to levy and collect (unless such tax or license is specifically prohibited by law from being so used);
(9) Do any and all things, whether or not specifically authorized in this section and not otherwise prohibited by law, that are necessary or convenient to aid and cooperate with the authority in the planning, undertaking, construction or operation of airports, heliports and air navigation facilities and other facilities; and
(10) Furnish at the request of the authority fire and air crash equipment of all kinds and personnel to properly operate such equipment at any airport, heliport or aircraft landing area owned, operated or under the jurisdiction of the authority.(Acts 1991, No. 91-667, p. 1275, §8.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.