2015 Code of Alabama
Section 28-7-11 - Wine manufacturers license; registration of labels; seizure of unregistered goods; monthly reports.

AL Code § 28-7-11 (2015) What's This?
Section 28-7-11Wine manufacturers license; registration of labels; seizure of unregistered goods; monthly reports.

Every manufacturer, or its designated representative, desiring to sell table wines in or for resale in this state shall register with the board prior to making any such sales.

Each such manufacturer, or its designated representative, shall be required to file with the board, prior to making any sales in Alabama a list of its labels to be sold in this state and shall file with the board its federal certificate of label approvals or its certificates of exemption as required by the U.S. Treasury Department. All table wines whose labels have not been registered as herein provided for shall be considered contraband and may be seized by the board or its agents, or any peace officer of the State of Alabama without a warrant and said goods shall be delivered to the board and disposed of as contraband alcohol as provided by law.

All such manufacturers, or their designated representatives, shall be required to mail to the board prior to the tenth day of the month a consolidated report of all shipments of table wine made to each wine wholesaler or importer in Alabama during the preceding month. Such reports shall be certified as true and correct and shall be a complete listing of all items shipped, an invoice setting out the quantities purchased and the price quotation showing at what price such wines were sold, the size, type, brand label and point of destination and such other information as the board may prescribe.

(Acts 1980, No. 80-382, p. 505, §11.)

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.