There is a newer version of the Code of Alabama
2015 Code of Alabama
Title 28 - INTOXICATING LIQUOR, MALT BEVERAGES AND WINE.
Chapter 4 - REGULATION AND CONTROL OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IN DRY COUNTIES AND DRY MUNICIPALITIES.
Article 7 - Sale, Purchase and Prescription of Alcohol by Druggists and Physicians.
- Section 28-4-150 - Sales by wholesale druggists generally; said druggists to file monthly statements as to sales with Alcoholic Beverage Control Board.
- Section 28-4-151 - Sales by retail druggists generally; use of alcohol by such druggists for compounding of prescriptions, etc.
- Section 28-4-152 - Sales by retail druggists of alcohol for use in arts or for scientific or mechanical purposes; execution of statement by persons desiring to purchase alcohol for said purposes.
- Section 28-4-153 - Purchase and use of alcohol by physicians.
- Section 28-4-154 - Sale of pure alcohol for medicinal purposes to be made only upon prescription of physician; physician to conduct examination prior to issuing prescription.
- Section 28-4-155 - Prescription to be based upon professional opinion of physician that alcohol will be used by patient for medicinal purposes.
- Section 28-4-156 - Physicians to file affidavit with probate judge before authorized to prescribe alcohol for medicinal purposes; form of affidavit; fee of probate judge for filing and recordation of affidavit.
- Section 28-4-157 - Prescription - Contents.
- Section 28-4-158 - Prescription - Form.
- Section 28-4-159 - Physician to file copy of prescription with probate judge; probate judge to preserve same and deliver to next grand jury for examination.
- Section 28-4-160 - Time for filling of prescription; limitation as to amount of alcohol sold and delivered on prescription; disposition of prescription when filled by druggist; filling of prescription at certain drugstores in which prescribing physician has financial, etc., interest.
- Section 28-4-161 - Recordation, etc., by probate judge of statements or prescriptions required to be filed by article; fee of probate judge; evidentiary effect of certified copy of statement or prescription.
- Section 28-4-162 - Prescription of whiskey, rum, gin, etc., for medicinal purposes.
- Section 28-4-163 - Prescription, sale, dispensing, etc., of Jamaica ginger.
- Section 28-4-164 - Failure to comply with requirements as to issuance of prescriptions for alcohol, unauthorized use of alcohol, etc., by physicians.
- Section 28-4-165 - Sale, delivery, etc., of liquors, etc., to prisoners by persons in charge of jails.
- Section 28-4-166 - Penalties for violations of article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.