2015 Code of Alabama
Title 24 - HOUSING.
Chapter 8 - ALABAMA FAIR HOUSING LAW.
- Section 24-8-1 - Short title.
- Section 24-8-2 - Policy of state.
- Section 24-8-3 - Definitions.
- Section 24-8-4 - Unlawful discriminatory housing practices.
- Section 24-8-5 - Discrimination in services, organizations, or facilities relating to business of selling or renting dwellings.
- Section 24-8-6 - Discrimination in residential real estate related transactions.
- Section 24-8-7 - Exemptions.
- Section 24-8-8 - Interference with person in exercise of right granted under chapter.
- Section 24-8-9 - Office to administer provisions and may delegate functions, duties, powers to employees.
- Section 24-8-10 - Powers of office.
- Section 24-8-11 - Procedures for investigation; subpoenas.
- Section 24-8-12 - Filing of complaint; investigation and notice; resolution by informal methods; filing of answer; local fair housing law; conciliation agreement; completion of investigation; final administrative disposition; burden of proof; termination of efforts to obtain voluntary compliance.
- Section 24-8-13 - Recommendation for hearing by investigator; order for hearing; parties' right to take civil action; amendment of complaint; subpoenas; refusal to allow discovery; hearing; panel opinion and order; review.
- Section 24-8-14 - Civil action; sale, encumbrance, etc. consummated before issuance of order; relief and award.
- Section 24-8-15 - Similar complaint filed with another agency with authority to investigate violation of chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.