2015 Code of Alabama
Title 17 - ELECTIONS.
Chapter 5 - THE FAIR CAMPAIGN PRACTICES ACT.
- Section 17-5-1 - Short title.
- Section 17-5-2 - Definitions.
- Section 17-5-3 - Political action committees; officers; accounting and reporting.
- Section 17-5-4 - Filing statement to show principal campaign committee; duties and procedures.
- Section 17-5-5 - Statement of organization; notice of termination or dissolution.
- Section 17-5-5.1 - Regulation of legislative caucus organizations.
- Section 17-5-6 - Checking account; expenditures.
- Section 17-5-7 - Use of excess moneys received; solicitation, etc., of contributions.
- Section 17-5-7.1 - Return or refund of contributions.
- Section 17-5-8 - Reports of contributions and expenditures by candidates, committees, and officials; filing; procedure.
- Section 17-5-8.1 - Electronic reporting; electronic searchable database; rules.
- Section 17-5-8.2 - Legislative findings.
- Section 17-5-9 - Filing procedure.
- Section 17-5-10 - Public inspection of reports; date of receipt.
- Section 17-5-11 - Duties of Secretary of State and judge of probate.
- Section 17-5-12 - Identification of paid advertisements.
- Section 17-5-13 - Cards, pamphlets, circulars, etc., to bear name of candidate, committee, etc.
- Section 17-5-14 - Corporate contributions or expenditures to political action committees; establishment by corporation; actions by utilities.
- Section 17-5-14.1 - Establishment of segregated, separate political funds; voluntary contributions; filing of disclosure reports; violations.
- Section 17-5-15 - Contributions by one person in name of another; contributions between political action committees, etc.
- Section 17-5-15.1 - Limitation on receipt and spending of funds by principal campaign committee of a state or local candidate.
- Section 17-5-16 - Fraudulent misrepresentation as acting for candidate, etc., prohibited; automated or pre-recorded communications.
- Section 17-5-17 - Solicitation by force, job discrimination, threats, etc., prohibited.
- Section 17-5-18 - Failure to file required statement or report.
- Section 17-5-19 - Violations.
- Section 17-5-20 - Appointment of designated filing agents; submission of reports.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.