2015 Code of Alabama
Title 15 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE.
Chapter 23 - ALABAMA CRIME VICTIMS.
Article 3 - Crime Victims' Rights.
- Section 15-23-60 - Definitions.
- Section 15-23-61 - Designated representative.
- Section 15-23-62 - Law enforcement agency required to provide victim with information concerning services, compensation benefits, etc.
- Section 15-23-63 - Prosecuting attorney required to notify victim of charges and proceedings; request for notice.
- Section 15-23-64 - Prosecuting attorney required to confer with victim prior to final disposition of offense.
- Section 15-23-65 - Prosecuting attorney required to confer with victim before commencement of trial.
- Section 15-23-66 - No right to direct prosecution.
- Section 15-23-67 - Right to be present throughout proceedings.
- Section 15-23-68 - Waiting area for victim; court to minimize contact of victim with defendant.
- Section 15-23-69 - Testimony concerning information about victim; information about victim in court file.
- Section 15-23-70 - Right to refuse defendant's request for interview.
- Section 15-23-71 - Plea agreement.
- Section 15-23-72 - Right to pre-sentence information.
- Section 15-23-73 - Impact statement; right to review pre-sentence investigative report.
- Section 15-23-74 - Right to present evidence, statement, etc., during sentencing or restitution proceedings.
- Section 15-23-75 - Right to information concerning defendant's sentence, request for notice, post-conviction review, etc.
- Section 15-23-76 - Right to be present and heard at court proceeding.
- Section 15-23-77 - Right to have property returned.
- Section 15-23-78 - Right to information from agency having physical custody of prisoner.
- Section 15-23-79 - Submission of victim's statement into prisoner's records.
- Section 15-23-80 - Facility with custody of defendant to send victim release opinion.
- Section 15-23-81 - Victim to respond to subpoena or to participate in proceeding preparation without loss of employment or fear of loss.
- Section 15-23-82 - Clerk of court to accept and disburse restitution.
- Section 15-23-83 - Assertion of rights by Attorney General or district attorney.
- Section 15-23-84 - Failure to provide right or notice not grounds for setting aside sentence.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.