2014 Code of Alabama
Title 41 - STATE GOVERNMENT.
Chapter 22 - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE.
- Section 41-22-1 - Short title.
- Section 41-22-2 - Legislative intent and purpose; effect on substantive rights; applicability; authority to prescribe rules and regulations required in connection with this chapter.
- Section 41-22-3 - Definitions.
- Section 41-22-4 - Adoption by agencies of rules governing organization, practice, etc.; public access to rules, orders, etc.; effect of rules, orders, etc., not made available to public.
- Section 41-22-5 - Notice of intent to adopt, amend, or repeal rules; submission of data, views, etc., by interested persons; procedure for adoption of emergency rules; effect of this section on other procedural requirements; validity of rules in substantial compliance with this section; limitation of proceedings to contest rules.
- Section 41-22-5.1 - Public notification of proposed rules; business economic impact statement; applicability.
- Section 41-22-5.2 - Review of existing rules.
- Section 41-22-6 - Designation of agency secretary; filing of copies of rules with secretary; information as to authorship of rules; filing of copies of rules with Legislative Reference Service; maintenance of and public access to permanent registers of rules; effective dates of rules.
- Section 41-22-7 - Contents, publication, and availability of agency administrative codes, Alabama Administrative Code, and Alabama Administrative Monthly; filing of rules, amendments and repealers with Legislative Reference Service; uniform system for numbering rules; omission from publications of rules which are applicable to only one county; cost to agencies for use of Alabama Administrative Monthly.
- Section 41-22-8 - Form for petition for adoption, amendment or repeal of rules; procedure upon submission of petition.
- Section 41-22-9 - Adoption by reference of codes, standards, and regulations of other agencies of this state or the United States or of other approved organizations; form of reference; availability from agency of information as to rules, etc., adopted by reference.
- Section 41-22-10 - Action for declaratory judgment as to validity or applicability of rule; stay of enforcement of rule by injunction.
- Section 41-22-11 - Petition for declaratory ruling as to validity of rule, as to applicability of any rule or statute enforceable by an agency, or as to meaning and scope of agency order; form and contents; binding effect of agency ruling; effect of failure to issue ruling; judicial review.
- Section 41-22-12 - Notice and opportunity for hearing in contested cases; contents of notice; power of presiding officer to issue subpoenas, discovery and protective orders; procedure upon failure of notified party to appear; presentation of evidence and argument; right to counsel; disposition by stipulation, settlement, etc.; contents of record; public attendance at oral proceedings; recordings and transcripts of oral proceedings.
- Section 41-22-13 - Rules of evidence in contested cases.
- Section 41-22-14 - Intervention in contested cases.
- Section 41-22-15 - Majority requirement for adoption of final decision in contested cases; use of proposed orders in cases where any official is unfamiliar with the case; finality of proposed orders.
- Section 41-22-16 - Form and content of final order; when final order to be rendered; service of notice and copies of final order.
- Section 41-22-17 - Filing of application for rehearing in contested cases; form and content; effect of application on final order; grounds for rehearing; service of application on parties of record; agency decision on application.
- Section 41-22-18 - Disqualification from participation in proposed order or final decision based upon conflict of interest or personal bias.
- Section 41-22-19 - Grant, denial, renewal, etc., of licenses.
- Section 41-22-20 - Judicial review of preliminary, procedural, etc., actions or rulings and final decisions in contested cases.
- Section 41-22-21 - Appeal of final judgment of circuit court under Section 41-22-20.
- Section 41-22-22 - Joint Committee on Administrative Regulation Review.
- Section 41-22-23 - Submission and review of proposed rules; fiscal note required for rules with economic impact.
- Section 41-22-24 - Reconsideration of disapproved rules by the Legislature.
- Section 41-22-25 - Construction and applicability of chapter.
- Section 41-22-26 - Repeal of inconsistent laws.
- Section 41-22-27 - Effective date of chapter; validity, review, etc., of existing rules; disposition of adjudicative proceedings commenced prior to October 1, 1983; effective date and applicability as to Alabama Department of Environmental Management.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.