2014 Code of Alabama
Article 1 General Provisions and Definitions.
Title 35 - PROPERTY.
Chapter 9A - UNIFORM RESIDENTIAL LANDLORD AND TENANT ACT.
Division 1 Short Title, Construction, Application and Subject Matter of the Chapter.
- Section 35-9A-101 - Short title.
- Section 35-9A-102 - Purposes; rules of construction.
- Section 35-9A-103 - Supplementary principles of law applicable.
- Section 35-9A-104 - Construction against implicit repeal.
- Section 35-9A-105 - Administration of remedies; enforcement.
- Section 35-9A-106 - Settlement of disputed claim or right.
- Section 35-9A-107 - Notice requirement.
- Section 35-9A-121 - Territorial application.
- Section 35-9A-122 - Exclusions from application of chapter.
- Section 35-9A-123 - Jurisdiction and service of process.
- Section 35-9A-141 - Definitions.
- Section 35-9A-142 - Obligation of good faith.
- Section 35-9A-143 - Unconscionability.
- Section 35-9A-144 - Notice.
- Section 35-9A-161 - Terms and conditions of rental agreement.
- Section 35-9A-162 - Effect of unsigned or undelivered rental agreement.
- Section 35-9A-163 - Prohibited provisions in rental agreements.
- Section 35-9A-164 - Payment of rent prerequisite to enforcing remedies under this chapter.
- Section 35-9A-201 - Security deposits; prepaid rent.
- Section 35-9A-202 - Disclosure.
- Section 35-9A-203 - Landlord to deliver possession of dwelling unit.
- Section 35-9A-204 - Landlord to maintain premises.
- Section 35-9A-205 - Limitation of liability.
- Section 35-9A-301 - Tenant to maintain dwelling unit.
- Section 35-9A-302 - Rules and regulations.
- Section 35-9A-303 - Access.
- Section 35-9A-304 - Tenant to use and occupy.
Division 1 Tenant Remedies.
- Section 35-9A-401 - Noncompliance by the landlord.
- Section 35-9A-402 - Failure to deliver possession.
- Section 35-9A-403 - Reserved.
- Section 35-9A-404 - Wrongful failure to make available heat, water, hot water, or essential services.
- Section 35-9A-405 - Counterclaims for action for possession or rent.
- Section 35-9A-406 - Fire or casualty damage.
- Section 35-9A-407 - Tenant's remedies for landlord's unlawful ouster, exclusion, or diminution of service.
- Section 35-9A-421 - Noncompliance with rental agreement; failure to pay rent.
- Section 35-9A-422 - Failure to maintain.
- Section 35-9A-423 - Remedies for absence, nonuse, and abandonment.
- Section 35-9A-424 - Waiver of landlord's right to terminate.
- Section 35-9A-425 - Landlord liens; distraint for rent.
- Section 35-9A-426 - Remedy after termination.
- Section 35-9A-427 - Recovery of possession limited.
- Section 35-9A-441 - Periodic tenancy; holdover remedies.
- Section 35-9A-442 - Landlord and tenant remedies for abuse of access.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.