2013 Code of Alabama
Title 38 - PUBLIC WELFARE.
Chapter 7 - CHILD CARE.
Section 38-7-16 - Penalties; burden of proof of relationship.
Any person, group of persons, association or corporation who:
- (1) Conducts, operates or acts as a child-care facility without a license, or a six-month permit or an approval to do so in violation of the provisions of this chapter;
- (2) Makes materially false statements in order to obtain a license or permit;
- (3) Fails to keep the records and make the reports provided under this chapter;
- (4) Advertises any service not authorized by the license or permit held;
- (5) Publishes any advertisement in violation of this chapter;
- (6) Receives within this state any child in violation of Section 38-7-15;
- (7) Violates any other provision of this chapter or any reasonable rule or regulation adopted and published by the department for the enforcement of the provisions of this chapter,
In a prosecution under this chapter, a defendant who relies upon the relationship of any child to himself has the burden of proof as to that relationship.(Acts 1971, 3rd Ex. Sess., No. 174, p. 4423, §16.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.